Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Five Fabulous Things: Adventures


I've been lagging a little bit in regards to updating this bliggity blog. Finals have begun to make their appearance and the school and workload don't seem to end. I cannot express accurately how excited I am that summer is just around the corner. I will push through. But even amidst the reading and studying, I still find room for adventures. They are the only thing keeping my sane at the moment.

[ONE] A few weekends ago, Miss Katie Berry was in possession of a pair of free Suns tickets. And I was lucky enough to get to snag the other ticket. The only catch was that we had to wear giant green Earth Club shirts, but hey, we'll do anything for free tickets. Free tickets for some dang good seats if I might add. We left before it was over because we were starving and ended up taking the longest way home possible. As a result, the only thing that was open by the time we got into town was Fili-B's. Which we greatly approved of because not only did we get some horchata and bean burros, but some sick tatts as well.

[TWO] That same weekend, we found ourselves with not much to do on that particular Saturday night. So of course, we put on some music and started dancing in the backyard. A few minutes later Alex runs out in a Justin Bieber inspired outfit and starts breakin' it down. Eventually we all followed suit and next thing you know we were having our own dance party. Wish you could have been there, 'cause it was probably the most fun I've have in a while. Nothin' like a Saturday night actin' likes straight up G's.

[THREE] At the beginning of the month, one weekend was spent watching General Conference and listening to the words of prophets and apostles. I always really look forward to Conference. The messages always seem to be just for me and just what I need to hear. I also really love the idea of millions of people all across the globe tuning in to hear the prophet speak. To me, it brings hope, unity, and light into a world that sometimes seems so dark. I love that. This year, I had the pleasure of watching the Saturday session with friends and family. We also had the pleasure of eating the pizza that Katie so graciously brought us. Thanks Katie, you're a peach!

[FOUR] Last weekend was Miss Katie Berry's 22nd birthday! For her birthday we decided to lie through our teeth all week and convince her a few of us were hanging out Saturday night, maybe making a video, nothing too fancy. Little did she know, we were having a birthday party for her. And it's safe to say she was surprise. *fist pump* It was an evening full of cake, ice cream, games, party hats, and sparkly lights. And thanks to Tee Ray, Katie also got 22 birthday kisses. Ow ow. Happy Birthday Katie. Oh and we also stayed up till 2 AM taking random pictures and took a stab a Vadering. Check out that beauty.


[FIVE] Recently my good friend Caleb introduced me to the band Old Crow Medicine Show, a good ol' bluegrass folk band. One morning I was flippin' through the Mesa Arts Center calendar and saw they were going to be at the MAC this very month, and for a mere amount of money! I called Caleb up and we were on those tickets like white on rice. And let me tell you, BEST CONCERT EVER. First off, there were audience members in overalls. Overalls!! Second, it was near impossible to not clap your hands and stomp your feet the whole time, and I'm pretty sure we did...the whole time. And that banjo playin', harmonic blowin', and string fiddlin' sure brought a stupid smile to my face. Goodness, it was a good time. Made me feel alive, and made me feel more American. And made me what to move to the South ASAP.



No comments: