Monday, April 1, 2013

Week in Review

It saddens me that March has come to an end. Not only is it a month full of birthdays, but in Arizona it is a month full of dog gone perfect weather! But hey, this just means we are that much closer to summer. And I am okay with that. Here's a little recap of the last magical week of March. 

We started the week off with Dad's birthday. Looks pretty good for 29 doesn't he? Since it was a Tuesday, this meant he had to attend to his bishop-ly duties down at the church. So we brought the party to him. And we may or may not have gone against the fire code by lighting a plethora of candles...but hey. What they don't know won't hurt em'. Whoever they are. The fact of the matter is, the cake was delicious.

Wednesday I got to go cheer on the siblings in their various sporting events. It's always a good day when I get to visit the ol' Warrior stomping grounds. And if I may say so, it was THE most perfect afternoon. The weather was simply delightful and the sunset unmatched by few. All those photos are unedited, just the pure wonderful work of God. Natalie sure ran some good races, and the whole track team gave Mt. View a run for their money!

Now let's not forget about Mom's birthday. We celebrated with a yummy dinner, strawberry pie, and listening to mom serenade us on her brand new guitar. She's an official music therapist with that baby! Just look at that form!

Saturday we took a little excursion to find some new dresses for Easter. Do you like em? Ha! I can just imagine the looks on everyone's faces if we would have walked into church wearing those beauties. They were just so sparkly we HAD to try them on. After what seemed like a hopeless journey, we finally struck gold and all found something we liked. To rest from our long day, we stuck in a movie. I FINALLY got to see Life of Pi! I'd heard so much about it and had been dying to see it. And I was not disappointed. Not only was it a spectacular visual film, its message was quite profound. I literally sat there for a good five minutes after it ended trying to take it all in. Please just go watch it. 


Easter Sunday has always been my favorite. I love that it is a day to reflect, remember, and celebrate the Savior. I always love going to church and singing the Easter songs and hearing everyone's personal testimonies of Christ. I also love that it is a day to spend time with family. This year we had all the Stewart's over for Easter dinner. We took full advantage of the nice weather and had it outside. I tell ya, nothing like family, good weather, and good food.

This was our attempt at a family picture in the dark. We thought the light from the porch would be enough. It ALMOST worked. And let's all take notice of my Dad trying to light up his face with his phone. So creative...

And a special shout out to these two whippersnappers! Yesterday was also their 47th wedding anniversary. I firmly believe I have the coolest grandparents. Couldn't imagine life without them!


And that's a wrap.

No comments: