As I mentioned before, last weekend I threw a little surprise party for the twins due to the fact that they were turning 16. Since it was going be a combined deal I decided to go with a carnival theme, because who doesn't love a good ol' night at the carnival. As always, it was so fun (and semi-stressful) to put together, and I could not have done it with all my helpers. My friends are the absolute greatest, obviously. Here's a little recap of all the party goodness.
First off, we started with some magical red and white lights and pom poms of course. Special thanks to my dad for installing the wires and extension cords in record time!
Certainly what makes any carnival great is the food. The greasy, sugary, deep fried food. Our display of snacks should have been labeled "Diabetic Nightmare", using the words of Zach Carpenter. We had popcorn, peanuts, chocolate cupcakes, lemonade, corn dogs, and cotton candy. Can you say sugar coma? Shout out to Aaron Webb for running the cotton candy machine. He was quite the stalwart worker. And also thanks to Jeff for running the popcorn machine and not burning TOO many packets.
...Ring toss...
...and Fortune Telling by our very own Karla Zazueta Webb.
Many would say this was the highlight of the party. Not only did she dress up for the part and talk in a French accent, but she did so for two hours straight under a creepy tree complete with candles and rag dolls hanging from said tree.
And the fortune telling Oscar goes to.....Karla!!!
Here's a little peek at some of the guests hiding out before the twins walked in! The odds appear to be in Alberto's favor.
And of course we thought it only necessary to have a photo booth for the guests to enjoy.
And enjoy it they did!
Here are just a few of my favorites that I found on the camera afterward.
All in all I'd say it was a smashing success. I've no doubt that many suffered from serious cotton candy and corn dog hangovers the next day, but hey. Most importantly, Happy Birthday to these two, who always have made it feel like a carnival at our house over the years;)






1 comment:
Super cute!! This reminds me of the Disneyland party! Start a business.
Mal
Post a Comment