Thursday, February 14, 2013

the thrifty ball

This past weekend, was the YSA stake's 2nd annual Thrifty Ball. And you know me, if it has the word thrifty in it, I'm all over that! This dance called for our finest secondhand or thrift store attire, so of course we ventured to Goodwill. Oh the treasures of Goodwill. I found this little relief-society-curtain-esque number for just 5 bucks! All I had to do was take it in on the sides, add a pair of my grandma's earrings, a little red lipstick and Voila! Katie rocked one of my grandma's spectacular dresses. Thrifty Ball here we come. 

A shout out to Shelby who was in charge of planning and decorating. That cultural hall never looked so good! Nothing like a bunch of young adults in crazy clothes. You better believe we danced 'til our feet hurt. And took full advantage of the free photo booth. I didn't get to really take any pictures at the dance, so I drew us on the dance floor on the back of the Sacrament Meeting program for Katie's entertainment. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you could pull that dress off anytime! And your cartoon drawing looks just as good if not better than always!! Love, mal