A month or so ago, an idea started a brewin'.
It had come to our, my friends and my own, attention, that several of us had birthdays coming up. We decided that this was reason enough to throw a big combined themed birthday party! So we got to brainstorming...thinking....thinking...thiiiinkking.
It finally came to us.
We were going to have ourselves a camping birthday party. Why?
Why the heck not.
Also, for some reason, the camping theme kept getting thrown around with a hobo theme?
I don't even know.
I don't even know.
So, if you drove by my house last Saturday night, it might have looked something like this:
And let's not forget about the delicious camping-esque food we feast on. Homemade chili, made by me and Karla, cornbread made by Shelby, bottled sodas, a scrumptious berry cake, and S'mores. Natrually.
And what's a good party without a photo booth??
Check out Shelby's lovely mane of hair.
The birthday people.
Again, just a bunch of kids excited to be turning 21...and 22.
Red-neck prom photo.
Photo bomb success.
Again. Success.
Charlie's Angels? More like Charlie's...uh...Buckaroo's?
Ummm.
Yeah. I don't know either.
A few of my very favorite people.
And that's what I call a jumping masterpiece.
All the party people in flannel shirts! (minus a few who came later)
Sometimes we try to fit in a canoe.
Just precious.
Mason wanted a picture. Of just him. Alone.
Awwwww.
Check out Shelby's lovely mane of hair.
The birthday people.
Again, just a bunch of kids excited to be turning 21...and 22.
Red-neck prom photo.
Photo bomb success.
Again. Success.
Charlie's Angels? More like Charlie's...uh...Buckaroo's?
Ummm.
Yeah. I don't know either.
A few of my very favorite people.
And that's what I call a jumping masterpiece.
All the party people in flannel shirts! (minus a few who came later)
Sometimes we try to fit in a canoe.
Just precious.
Mason wanted a picture. Of just him. Alone.
Awwwww.
The evening was full of S'more makin', friendly conversation around the campfire, birthday memories and tributes, and even a song writing contest. I'll say, I was quite impressed with what everyone came up with. And like any good birthday party, candles ( sparklers in this case ) were lit, birthday songs were sung, and wishes were made.
And then someone suggested we all take a bite out of the cake??
And for some reason we listened.
New tradition?
I think so.
Like with most of our ideas, I'd say this party turned out better than we had imagined. I'm always amazed at what a little Goodwill shopping, some good food, and a few brilliant minds can produce. A special thanks to everyone who helped set up, brought food, and let us borrow their random camping gear. And of course thanks to all the party animals that made it quite the birthday adventure.





No comments:
Post a Comment