It's been awhile since I've celebrated Mundane Monday...let's face it, is anything consistent here on this blog? The only thing that's been consistent is my inconsistency.
But that's beside the point.
The point is...
You read that right. It's O.K.
You know, sometimes I go through phases, where I find countless things to dread. Homework, exercising, laundry, more homework, waking up early, Mondays...
And in my short years of living, I've realized that this never really does me any good.
'Cause whether I like it or not, those Monday's are going to come.
So why dread, when instead I could be looking forward to all the Fridays.
Heck, I could even pretend it WAS Friday.
So today I'm going to list just a few of the things that made this Monday as good as any Friday.
//I slept in which meant I had to get ready in 10 minutes but I was still on time to school. AND my teacher gave everyone random extra credit. Win.
//Flute-Tooting-Indian Club meeting with Caleb. If you look closely, you can see Mr. Indian himself in the background. Please forgive his indecency. If he'd known you were coming he might have put on something besides a loin cloth.
//I actually made my bed today. Shocking. I know.
//Turns out I didn't have too much homework so I got to spend part of the afternoon working on some paintings, which always makes me happy.
//Took a trip to Fresh & Easy with Mom after school in which we bought pumpkin bisque soup, flowers, grapes, sushi, and my very favorite ice cream. Our lunch was just so refined.
//This shaggy looking man at work was extra smiley and said people shouldn't be so difficult (in response to a patient I'd just helped) and wished me the happiest day. Thanks shaggy man.
//Spent the evening at the Westwood Track running around and talking with good friends. One of which who presented me with a unicorn horn an ear cone, after our conversation today in which I told him I'd always wanted to use one. I'm so easily pleased.
//My dad showing me this cute little video when I walked in tonight. Disney, you've done it again.
Yeah it's Monday. But it's certainly okay.
Yeah it's Monday. But it's certainly okay.



1 comment:
Just so you know, I stalk your blog probably 10 times a day waiting for a new post and get giddy when there is one! I'm going to miss this when I'm on my mission. Thanks for being such a good example Haley! Love you :)
Post a Comment