Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Color Me Rad


Remember how I danced my feet off till midnight at Karla's wedding?
Well, fate would have it that the next day was the 5k race the Shelbster and I had be training for. Literally. We even downloaded an App called from Couch to 5K. Ha! Ever since I saw an add for the Color Me Rad Run that read, "The race for people who hate running!" I knew this race was for us. And without fail, twice a week, we hit the streets running. 
And I am pretty darn proud of us.
So when race day came, although we were basically exhausted from all the wedding festivities, we looked that 5k in the face and said, "Let's do this". 

Before.

And turns out my sister got to join in on the fun, filling in for one of our team members who couldn't make it.

What was our team name?
Team Can't Touch This, naturally.

And off we went! I will say, there is something strangely motivating about having color bomb thrown at you. Just when we would start to get tired, we would see a color station up ahead and pick up the pace. The goal, besides to not die and finish the race, was to get as colorful as possible.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And I'll be darned, we came off conquer in both areas.
The pose of true champions.


 After the race, everyone was given a big packet of color dust and some guys up on a crane would do a countdown and everyone would thrown dust all over each other. Sounds weird. But there was something invigorating about it. 
And there was a giant dance party after.
Told you this was my kind of race.

During the dance party, Mckenna somehow got turned into a blueberry.

 Basically, it was the happiest run you could imagine. Bright colored dust. Awesome free shirts and sunglasses and tattoos. And a dance party. Definitely something that I want to do every year. And that's saying something coming from the girl that hates running. 
The only drawback was that after removing your sock and shoes...you will have diseased looking feet and legs...
A worthy sacrifice for such Rad-ness. 

Yes, we hated (still sometimes hate) running. 
Yes we persevered and finished anyways.
But hey, I think we are pretty rad.


No comments: