Sunday, January 13, 2013

The wedding fiesta de Karla & Aaron.

Starting to see a theme with all these posts?
Yeah, I know. I had a lot of friends that got married.
But hey, I'm not complaining. 
It's just another excuse for us to have a party.
Except, I don't think party quite cuts it for this next wedding I'm about to describe.
There are no words for the joy that this wedding brought. 
It was a wedding weekend unlike any other.

Let's go back a few days before the wedding to Karla's shower that looked a little something like this...

Yes. It was 80's themed. Yes. It was awesome.
I mean, this is Karla we are talking about here.


How do you make a bridal shower 80's theme? Well, you have everyone dress up (obviously). Have a station covered in crimpers, cans of hairspray, and fluorescent eyeshadows and lipsticks. Have Michael Jackson and Journey playing in the background. 
And serve foods like... 
Who thinks of these things?!
Oh wait, Karla.

A few days later, things got real and all the bridesmaids and groomsmen got to attend the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding. 
And for remembrance's sake, might I add that it was at the landmark, the same place my parents had THEIR dinner. AND Karla and Aaron happened to be going on their honeymoon to the SAME place as my parents. Oh and they had their reception at the very church MY parents had theirs at. Freaky? Just a little bit.
The Bridal party. Sorry for the super bright picture. It's the only one I had.

Speaking of the church, that's where we headed next. And spent till 1:30 in the AM setting up for the reception. Crazy? A little bit. But we easily found that element of fun in every job that had to be done.
Working hard or hardly working?

One such task was filling and tying hundreds of bags of popcorn. 
Easy right?
Wrong.
We were going stir crazy after bag 25, but we pulled through.
Ehhh, almost.

Lo and behold, the blessed day arrived. 
I wish I had pictures from that morning. 
Karla came over so I could do her make up at the same time her cousin was doing her nails, at the same time half the bridesmaids were figuring out wardrobe and making last minute crafts. And while my mom sat on the floor eating cereal and observed the whole things. 
I tell ya, it was a sight. The true definition of wedding chaos. 
My favorite kind. 

Just like that, she was ready, we were ready, and off we went to the temple. 
And in no time, they came out as Mr. & Mrs. Webb.

And again, since it's Karla, they could not just come out like everybody else.
This is why I love them.
And let's talk about her dress. Isn't it gorgeous?!

One of the reasons this wedding was THE absolute best was because of the people that were there. I mean, look at them. 

All my best friends in one wedding.

Never did such fun happen while taking pictures as did during this wedding.

Maybe a little too much fun?
Groomsmen. Precious.

Bridesmaids.

Showing off their socks?

Picture credit to J&L photo.

My favorite Brother Zazueta.

Nope. Not possible!!

So we smiled our faces off for a good while, but then we need some grub to hold us over until the reception. So we chose Wendy's of course. And while at Wendy' we made friends with elementary kids who were hanging out there.

Soon it was time. Time for what? The party.
Or as some might call it, the reception.
But this was not your typical reception.
Homemade Costa Vida was eaten. Homemade horchata was downed, glass after glass. Karla's Talent Team group performed. A money dance commenced. And a major Mexican dance party happened, nonstop from about 8:30-11:30. Now THAT'S my kind of party.
I honestly had blisters on my feet by the end of the night from dancing.

And what do ya know! Even Juan made an appearance at the party!
Because let's be real, who would want to miss a party like this?

It was hands down the most fun I've ever had at a wedding. And I have no doubt the same can be said for those that attended. I tell ya, those Zazuetas sure know how to throw a party. 

To sum it all up, the whole experience was so Karla. And I loved that. It's not everyday that you find a friend like her and I feel so lucky to be one of her best friends. She's been the party in my life ever since I met her. I've said it before, but Aaron is sure lucky to have her. And visa versa. I could go on and on, but one things for sure. 
I love those two.
And if you haven't seen this little diddy that some of us made in honor of their love, I highly recommend you check it out.



No comments: