Monday, October 8, 2012

Miss Hunt to Mrs. Brake

I'll be honest. This is post I never imagined would ever come.
Not in the sense that my best friend would never get married, I always knew she would. But we spent so many afternoons and days and years planning out and imagining who we would marry, what they would look like, what our wedding colors would be, the names of each of our 13 children, and I just never anticipated those dreams coming true so soon.
 
But come they did. And it was the happiest thing to experience.
 
A few days before the wedding, Anna and I spent the night with Stephanie at her new apartment. We were so stinking tired, but turns out none of us slept. Not because we stayed up talking all night, though we should have, but we just..well...couldn't sleep. I guess we were a little bit excited.
 
That morning me and Stephanie had school. We ate cereal from my house since she had no food in her cupboards.
 We ate said cereal with a frosting lid since she had no spoons. But she had frosting?
 
After surviving that thing they call school, we went to wedding dinners, bought some double-sided tape, and set up for the reception until the wee hours of the morning. We were also graced by the arrival of Alyssa Dale who got to fly down for the wedding. It was a happy night indeed. Around midnight we decide we should probable get some sleep. We had a big day ahead of us.
Not before taking some last minute we-are-so-excited-and-have-squinty-eyes-pictures.
 
And then it came.
We set up some more, ran a few more errands, got our nails did, put on our dresses, and headed to the temple to wait for the Bride and Groom to emerge.
Bridesmaids=TOO EXCITED
 
Before long, out they came! Mr. and Mrs. Brake!

Aren't they the cutest?
 
And doesn't Stephanie look like a princess?
 
Let's not forget about the bridal party.
I'm anxious to see the pictures we took with the photographer.
Most of them looked something like this:

We party hard.
 
But pictures can be exhausting and sweaty, ya know?
The only thing that can cure picture-taking exhaustion is QT.

Everyone knows that.

The reception was beautiful.
The waffles were delcious.
The dancing was too much fun.
The day was perfect.
And I wouldn't want anything less for my little Stephanie Ann Brake.

No comments: