Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sharp shootin'


So I have this irrational fear of guns. 
I mean, i know it's not that irrational that I fear weapons that can do serious harm, but what I'm saying is, I fear them more than I should. 
For example, at girl's camp one year they had us shoot black powder rifles. I cried the whole time. 
But I overcame my fear somewhat by lookin' it in the face and going to the shooting range with the Zazueta family. 
I shot a gun that I swear was straight out of Halo.
And it made me feel like I was playing 007 on the N64.
Or training for the Hunger Games.
That's what's up. 


1 comment:

Amy said...

What's important is learning how to use these weapons. We have guns in the house and I'm glad. Our kids will know how to handle (or NOT handle) these tools.

And no bad guys are going to get us. Not with Mama bear and a shot gun staring them in the face.

Good for you for facing your fear!