I figured it was probably time to give a recap on my independence day experience.
Now something you should know, I really love this holiday. I'm not one to be super patriotic or anything, but there is something about the fourth that strikes up a little American pride in my heart. And I mean, who doesn't love BBQ's, country music, family, pancake breakfast, parades, and fireworks?
Well you see, my family was suppose to go out of town, but plans fell through and we ended up staying in good ol' Mesatown for one of the first times.
And by golly am I happy we did, 'cause all the day the skies looked like this...
Waking up to that?
I knew it was gonna be a swell day.
Since our other festivities got cancelled, my mom put me in charge of planning a little 4th of July party for our family.
Where did i get my inspiration?
The Swiss Family Robinson's of course.
Remember when they have their own holiday and they make hats and ride ostriches and zebras?
If you don't know what i'm talking about, I feel sad for your childhood.
So basically we went to wal-mart and found every Red, white, and blue decoration you could find...
And had the most delicious lunch, outside mind you!
That mother nature...she is a kind one.
And let's not forget our lovely patriotic hats that we each crafted to wear in our competitions.
...notice how my dad wouldn't even wear his.
party pooper.
We proceed to have an afternoon of hilarious races, water balloon tosses, and various other contests, AGAIN, outside in the miraculous weather.
I didn't get any pictures really of our activities, but this picture of my brother kills me.
The winner was awarded with this beautiful culinary creation...
...which everyone got to eat.
The night was spent with friends, watching fireworks from the rooftops, and setting of the coolest illegal fireworks I have ever beheld.
And we CANNOT forget the sparklers!
The fourth of July may just be one of my favorite holidays due to these babies.
Spending the 4th in my hometown?
I'd say it was a success.







2 comments:
how fun!! i love all your decorations. and sparklers, lets not forget sparklers.
it was one of my first in town too! i think the last time i spent the 4th of july in mesa was about 8 years ago! your family party was super cute for spur of the moment!
Post a Comment