Sunday, June 3, 2012

Schnitzel with noodles.

My mother recently discovered that two of my dear friends had never seen THIS movie:
She suddenly became VERY concerned for their well being. And if you have not seen this movie then I am also very concerned for yours. 

So what did she do about it? Made a party of it of course. 'Cause that's what we Stewarts are best at. Yes. We had a Sound of Music party. NBD.

My dear mother slaved away all evening and made us Schnitzel with Noodles. We had no idea what it was before hand, I mean I honestly thought it was a kind of dessert. Turns out it's veal?

All I know is that is was DANG good.
Made us feel very Austrian.

And here is the woman of the hour, along with my dear ol' dad.


And what better to go with schnitzel then some crisp apple strudels, of course!
  Cause we all know Julie Andrews was singing about toaster strudels when referring to her favorite things...duh.

It turned out to be quite the lovely evening, singing and dancing along with the Von Trap family as well as watching my mother act out "So Long, Farewell" all on her own...


That weekend turned out to be the rare event of a solar eclipse, which I had never see before. But hey...at least I'd seen the Sound of Music.

I must say, it was quite a sight to see. My dad even made this little contraption out of a file folder which reflected the eclipse onto flat surfaces so we could see it and not burn our eyeballs out.
We also made a ghetto solar viewer out of about 5 pairs of sunglasses. It worked dang good. What now.


The following pictures are our Solar Eclipse model shots:








We know. We should be part time models.

And finally a shout out to Elder Spencer Smith who ventured off to Peru for 2 years. The Greenhouse was never the same after Spencer's first visit. 

Normal blog updating will resume soon. Cross my heart. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think I loved everything about this post. I want some schnitzel with noodles and struedels now too.

Those eclipse pictures are dang awesome!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha i think you and Juan are my favorite models. also, i miss your face.

Anonymous said...

Good you better resume to regular blog updating. I was starting to become concerned! Loved this!