Christmas Eve, I spent the whole day with my family.
I got woken up with an invitation to breakfast. Free food? I'm in.
The whole rest of the morning me and my siblings attempted to make and decorate a gingerbread house.
Don't we just all look SOOOO cute in the morning.
That night my parents took us out to a fancy Christmas Eve dinner at the Roaring Fork. It was nothing short of delicious. We then looked at Christmas lights together and made a few Christmasy deliveries to family and me and Nat did a dance for them to Jingle Bells in these beauties...
Our Christmas onesies!!
You're sorry you missed that dance, huh?
Despite the fact that we are all over the age of 14, my family woke up bright and early. We were fully awake by 5:30 AM. I guess we must like Christmas or something. It was a wonderful Christmas morning full of squeals, tears, and giggles. All the best kind.
With Christmas falling on a Sunday this year, after opening presents we got to get all fancied up for church. I loved Christmas on a Sunday and being able to remember the true reason for the season.
Just ignore my brother, the goober.
After church, it was time for our annual party with the Hunt's where we look at each others Christmas gifts, play some Just Dance, and then cruise the neighborhood in some sort of vehicle.
This year's vehicle...
An old tire. Baha.
The idea was to sit inside it and roll it around.
But notice how Alyssa is falling out and squishing her little noggin..
Nothin' like an old tire to ring in Christmas!
That afternoon we had Christmas dinner with the Stewarts and spent the rest of the day just being together.
Here's our cute little family, minus Uncle Tony.
That afternoon we had Christmas dinner with the Stewarts and spent the rest of the day just being together.
Here's our cute little family, minus Uncle Tony.
One of my favorite moments of the day was getting a call from my cousin Joey who is serving a mission in Peru. He had a couple of minutes of phone time left so he called just to check on me and make sure I was doing okay. I may or may not have cried a little.
Guess you don't realize how much you love someone till you talk to them.
And speaking of missionaries, a few days after Christmas I was graced with a package that looked something like this:
Yes, those a REAL LIVE flowers. They were still alive and beautiful, even having traveled all the way from Alabama in that box. I don't know how he thinks of these things!
Inside the box there was a bunch of green plant styrofoam thing-a-ma-bobs that were wet to keep the flowers alive. I guess traveling that far and that long made them leak a little bit so EVERYTHING in the box got soaked. So I hung everything out to dry...
And by some miracle, I could still read all the words and nothing was ruined! And yes, Ammon is wearing my Gryffindor scarf...and jumping like a ballerina. He is just too good.
Now someone else who is just too good to us. Sister Washburn. One morning she made all of us girls breakfast, complete with quiches, blueberry cake, this delicious cinnamon berry cider, and all sorts of other goodies.
And then she gifted us with the cutest little slippers that she MADE!
Aren't they so cute!!
We love you Sister Washburn:)
We spent the rest of the morning jumping on the trampolines and just goofin' around like children, it's what we do best.
Oh and I almost forgot!
Every year our friends get together and do a gift exchange, and this year I had Lydia. Lydia and I have know each other since kindergarten, so I decided I should make something special to go with her present. Here's what I came up with for the front of her card.
Yep, that's us in kindergarten. Check out that hair on my head...oh bangs. And check out how cute Lydia is. And sorry random kid in the middle, you were in between us so you got turned into Santa Claus. Hope you don't mind.









No comments:
Post a Comment