I've always been one of those kinds of people who love fresh starts. For instance, the beginning of a school year or a semester. The excitement of starting new classes, making new goals, getting on a schedule. Even as simple as the beginning of the week, I love Sundays because i get the chance to recoup and start anew. It all makes me very happy.
With is being an entire new year, it gets me extra excited. I mean, a WHOLE NEW YEAR! I love reflecting back on the year and seeing all the things that have made me stronger and all the memories that I've made. And with the new year beginning, I have the opportunity to make all sorts of new goals and dreams and wishes. To start fresh and become even better.
2011 did me good. I learned so much and experienced so many happy things. I learned more about myself and what I am capable of. I became closer to my old friends and made new ones along the way. I moved out and experienced life in a whole different way.
To ring in the New Year, I spent evening with a few of my favorite people at the Polar Ice ice skating rink. It was a pretty good time.
Plus, Charity was in town which made it an even better time!! We helped each other avoid some of those YSA creepsters that were at the rink. YSA activities wouldn't be complete without the creepsters.
Of course to finish off the night we lit off some sparklers, my favorite:) And some weird fireworks that just grew into little poop piles on the ground...
...so we just stuck with the sparklers
I can't wait to see what 2012 has to offer! I have a pretty good feeling about it. All my life I've believed in the notion that even numbered years are always just a little better than the odd. I blame it on the fact that I was born on an even numbered year. Call me crazy, but I think it's the truth.
Here's to 2012!
1 comment:
I agree on the even-numbered thing. I'm hoping for a fantastic 2012. New start, new baby, continuing a new life out here in Glendale.
How do you manage to make your pictures so iconic? You're fabulous!
P.S. The part about the creepsters is hilarious. I totally remember that part of being a YSA. Oy. LDSsingles.com is full of them. I think I had 2 marriage proposals from being on that site. Luckily, I met Bret and was able to delete that account! Yay!
Post a Comment