Monday, January 9, 2012

jolly holidays pt. 1

Ready for a super long post about Christmas?
Yeah.
Me too.


I had a most splendid Christmastime, full of concerts,scrumptious food, time with family and friends, and all sorts of things in between. It was the busiest Christmas I can remember.


One of my favorite parts about the Christmas season was getting everything all ready and decorated.


Every year it is my brother and I's job to put up the lights. We have way to much fun doing it. Well...we have way to much fun doing just about everything.


Of course I had to add a little Christmas Cheer to my room...

...As well as our house. Here is our very "special" Christmas tree. Notice that only half the lights works. Super classy, I know. Kymber loves our tree.

Then there was putting up the tree with my family. We get a real tree every year...since they smell amazing...and it's always a feat getting it set up and covering it in lights. Usually we have to run to the store since half our strands are burnt out, but it's all part of the experience. 
(one of my very favorite ornaments)

Preparing for Christmas also meant gift giving. With missionary friends and cousins all over the world, I definitely spent more time at the post office than I ever thought possible. I also crossed my fingers more than I ever thought possible, hoping all the goodies I sent out would arrive safely.
And indeed they did!

Every year I try to make as many homemade gifts as I can, making it a little more personal, and letting me learn new skills in the process! This year I attempted to make a few ruffled aprons as gifts.
Here's Karla and I sporting a few.
Sooo fancy, right?

For my Dad this year, I decided to take a bunch of family pictures and frame them for his office since it's...sort of...well...boring. So I snagged Karla and had her snap a few pictures of us kids.
Not bad for our ghetto alley, don't you think?

We tried to get some pictures with our dog Roxy. 
This picture just about sums up how that went.

And with all this Christmas cheer going on, who can forget all the partyin' and wintery adventures?
I was lucky enough to take pictures for Natalie's winter formal group, which was tons of fun for me. And check out her dress! We found it at Goodwill for merely 6 dollars.
That's right.

With no school and such, it also called for lots of sleepovers.
One memorable night comes to mind...
I tell ya, with a mustache, anything is possible.

And so the parties and good times went on.
Many late nights and slap happy moments.
Including the time Rex and Kymber braided my hair.
They are so talented.

And let's not forget the night we tried every single brand of eggnog at Fry's to see which one was the best.
Southern Comfort Vanilla Spice. Hands down.
It's no wonder why I am stil in a sugar coma from Christmas...

TO BE CONTINUED.


No comments: