Monday, October 25, 2010

Why I am the best sister in the whole wide world.

Observe.
.
.
.
So you see, this past weekend I threw a surprise birthday party for my sister Natalie who's turning 16.
But i didn't want this to just be your typical sweet 16.
One day as some friends and I were brainstorming, we came up with a genius idea.
An idea that was either going to be really lame, or 
really REALLY awesome.
I bet your want to know what that idea was.
Well....
.
.
.
.
.
.
*****
***
**
 * 




Yes.
It is true.
We threw her a Disneyland themed surprise party.
Natalie is one of the magic kingdom's greatest fans, so we decided to bring it to here own back yard.

Wanna see some of our awesome ideas?
We definitely were blessed when it came to thinking of ideas.

CHARACTERS:
Again. I have awesome friends.
Just get that in your head right now.
I asked them to dress up and be there characters at the park,
Let's just say I was NOT disappointed.

We had:

Sleeping Beauty.

Wendy.

Pocahontas.

Snow White.

Captain Hook.
Argh.... 
 

 Hercules.

Tinkerbell & Lewis from Meet the Robinsons

Indiana Jones & Jane.
  

Peter Pan.

Aladdin.

Alice.
  

Esmeralda.
Belle.
  

and Jesse.
  

The whole cast:)

Before Nat arrived we went around and greeted the guest, taking pictures and entertaining the masses. 
I would personally like to commend Sleeping Beauty on her ability to get into character. 


 Disney apparel was strongly encouraged.
Alyssa Dale, an avid Disneyland Fan, didn't pass this up.


Tourists, barely being able to contain their excitement.
 
 DECORATIONS:
We had fun with this one:)
We divided the house/backyard into four lands.
 Adventureland.
Complete with firepit, tiki torches, pirates ruins, and the actual music from the land.


Tomorrowland.
Home of the dance floor.
This would not have been possible were it not for Alyssa's mexican music CD.
It was a crowd pleaser.  
Esmerelda even gypsy danced.

Frontierland.
Yep, that's right folks.
We had a ride.
Several actually.

Thunder Mountain. 

California Screamin'
Matterhorn.
Indiana Jones
( special thanks to Indy and his technical skills) 
  
And let's not forget Splash Mountain.
Ask the passengers if the got wet.
Ask them.
They'll say yes.
Really though.


  Fantasyland.  
 

Of course, Fantasyland theme music was playing wherever you went
complete with lights, poofy balls, and pixie dust to fly over 
THIS: 
 and THIS:
 Aladdin is just good at flying carpets....
Fantasyland also contained all the Disneyland food one's heart could ever desire.

 THE food.
You ready?

Frozen bananas.
 Churros.
duh.
Cotton Candy.



Also, not pictured
Popcorn.
Caramel apples.
 &Lollipops.

 THE CASTLE
Can't have Disneyland without Sleeping Beauty's Castle. 


I think its safe to say, 
we pulled it off quite nicely.
Thanks to a little magic of course:)


None of it would have been possible without the help of my friends and family.
They are all princes and princesses in my eyes.
I mean look at em....

Some more pictures....
 


Happy Birthday Natalie!
Hey everyone, she's 16 now.
Just sayin.

And if anyone is looking to have a Disneyland party.....
Well, you know who to call:) 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh. My. GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are most definitely the best sister in the whole freaking world. I'm only sad I couldn't be there as Cinderella! I have the costume, but the preggy belly wouldn't have really added much to the effect.
I can't imagine how much work that must have taken. This is amazing! AMAZING!!!

Megan T. said...

Will you plan my next birthday party? Looks like you guys had a blast! Great job Haley!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making it look like I helped a lot in the planning process... Because really I just kinda showed up... But hey, I'll take what I can get :P You rock my socks.

Lyssa