Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Red

Once upon a time, a few mistakes ago, my sister and I wanted to go to the Taylor Swift concert. We watched closely for pre-sale tickets, we called in to radio stations to try and win tickets. But the time past and it seemed our dream would remain as such. 

As the concert came nearer, I started to do some Craigslist searching, and it turns out there were a lot of tickets still available for the taking. I found some for a pretty good price, in a fantastic section, called my sister, and it was a done deal. We were going. And fate would have it that we had tickets to the same night as Tori and Madi, so we made an adventure out of it. 

We made all the necessary preparations, which included sparkly T-shirts and bright RED tutus, of course.
On the drive over to the arena, we blasted the music and waved to all the other T-swift fans on the road. Walking up, well, we could hardly contain our excitement. Squeals and tears may have happened.
Before heading inside, we scarfed down some sandwiches at Which Wich.
Meanwhile, everyone starred at us and our tutu selves. One girl even asked to take a picture with all of us. 
But our greatest adventure awaited us inside. Let it also be noted that Tori accidentally threw away her ticket and had to dig it out of the trash. Also, I could not resist the urge to by a RED Tour glow wand. It was too sparkly not to.
The opening act was none other than Ed Sheeran, whom I had heard his music before, but hearing him live made me fall head over heels. He was incredible. I'm pretty sure my mouth was open in shock the whole time. Anyone dressed like that, playing that tiny guitar and making music THAT beautiful has a true gift. At one point he asked all the lights to be turned off expect for glowsitcks and cellphones, which made the whole place turn into a starlit wonderland. It was magical. 
Then came the moment we'd all been waiting for...the countdown began...screams erupted...and Taylor's silhouette appeared.
When she came out, there were literal tears coming out of my eyes. I mean, I have always loved Taylor Swift, and I like her music, but I didn't expect to be so starstruck. The entire concert from beginning to end was beyond magnificent. Not only was she an amazing performer but she sounded so good live. It also made it that much better that we were so close. I swear I made actual eye contact with her, just saying. 









And at the end, confetti poured down from the ceiling. Again, I think I cried. And since then, I still have a hard time listening to anything else. You could say we caught the Red fever. And have been spreading it around quite rapidly. Oops.

Definitely a highlight of the summer. Heck, a highlight of the year. That Taylor knows how to put on a show.

And just so I don't forget, I put together a little montage of videos I took from the concert. 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

AubriAnna Winsor said...

1) You saw Ed Sheeran 2) You saw Taylor Swift
.....Jealous? Extremely.