Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Galentine's Day.


If we are being honest here, I'll come right out and say it. I hate Valentine's Day. Always have. It's cheesy. It's commercialized. It's one of those days that makes it even more apparent that you don't have a significant other, which is totally okay, but it's just kind of lame, ya know? I'm SURE I'll appreciate this day a little more when I'm married. But this year, a few of us gals with no fancy romantic dinners to go to decided that we weren't going to let that stop us from enjoying the day.

So we had a tea party

And it was a smashing success. We strung up some lights, gathered up some decorations, turned on a little music...it was quite lovely. Then thanks to everyone that came, we spent the evening chatting and feasting on delicious tea party foods. And of course, we all wore our classiest tea party attire. We also had a little too much fun lighting the paper straws on fire, but that's another story. All in all, tea parties are where it's at. 

*Special thanks to Mckenna for taking many of these lovely pictures.



Valentine's Day, I guess you're alright.


1 comment:

Amy said...

AH!! I LOVE tea parties! This looks fun. Great way to celebrate Valentine's day.

P.S. I'm married and I did nothing for Valentine's day. Seriously. I went to class.
So romantic.