Sunday, August 26, 2012

happy thoughts.

A few love notes to the happy things in my life at the moment.
Enjoy.

Dear everyone getting engaged,
Whoa now. Calm. It. Down. If I would have known that this was the thing to do, I would have been looking for a boy of my own. But, in all seriousness, Congratulations to all you love birds. I'm excited for the 6+ weddings I get to attend within the next 8 weeks. It's going to make for a rather exciting fall semester. And getting to dress up all fancy and eat delicious food? Don't mind if I do!

Dear Taylor Swift,
Thanks for coming out with a new album, I couldn't be more excited. In fact, me and Shelby put October 22nd on our list of exciting days coming up, we are that excited. And I don't care what anyone says about your new song, I love it and play it on repeat most of the day. 

P.S. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me I looked like you at the ASU back to school thingy the other night, I would have 157 dollars. I can't make these things up.

Dear ASU,
First off, thank you for not killing me. 'Cause in all honesty, I thought I would not come out alive. You are much prettier than MCC and I like seeing my friends. Your campus could invest in a tram service or two, I swear I walk 3 miles a day. Well, I guess I won't be getting fat. And thank you for helping me improve my reflex skills, they were necessary in helping me avoid collisions with cyclists. Crazy kids! But all in all, I'm looking forward to spending my school days with you. Go devils.

Dear Shampoo,
You smell like coconuts/big surf sunscreen and don't leave my hair greasy by the end of the day. In fact I can go several days without washing my hair now and still feel fresh. But shhh. No one has to know that.

Dear IHOP,
You never fail to fulfill our late night breakfast craves and you always entertain us with your chipper waiters. No one should be that awake at 11 PM....

Dear New Foundation,
Can we be best friends? I only have to use a teensy-tiny amount of you and you stay on ALL DAY. I even sweated my face off the other day whilst horse riding and you still remained. Bless you.

Dear Rain,
Keep up the good work! Monsoon season never is long enough, so if you wouldn't mind sticking around a little bit longer that would be great.

Dear Sheri,
Thank you for making Shelby and I's childhood wishes and dreams come true. You let us feel like cowgirls for an afternoon, though we are far from being any such thing. Have fun at BYU and come back and play soon. 

Dear Scrubs,
I love that I can wear you to work. If I would have known you were like pajamas, I would have found a scrub-required job sooner! Welcome to my closet. I have a feeling my collection of you will continue to increase. 

Dear London,

 It's official. We will finally be meeting next summer. The plans are in motion, the money is being saved. It's hard to think about anything else. Tell Will and Kate I'll be paying them a visit, as well as Ron, Harry, and Hermione. See you soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your new job???
Mal

Amy said...

Let me know when you go to England. I know a few stops you HAVE to make that Harry, Ron, and Hermione have made.

And give Wills and Kate my love.

Katie Coon said...

Haley! Your blog is so fun! You are such an entertaining writer! :)