Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Tube.

 Let me tell you a story about one of my EPIC FAILS. Now, I really hate when people use such a term, but I felt it was appropriate.
However, I will say it was one of my more awesome fails.
You see, once upon a time, I was inspired by Miss Katie Berry
to knit a Gryffindor scarf for Ammon since he would be missing the movie of all movies by just a mere month!
I mean how hard could it be, this knitting business? So I bought some yarn, and some needles, got some instruction from a wise woman and started knitting away.
Things were going good, I had gotten pretty far pretty quick.
All the sudden I began to notice that something was not right.
The scarf, it was..well...growing.
But thinking it was only my imagination, I continued on.
A few days later, myself and other looked at it, and thought, "Man, this scarf is getting huge!"
So I decided to count the stitches.
Yeah. My scarf had more than doubled in width.
Bahahaha...
 I don't know how and I don't know why.
All I know is that I ended up with something huh-larious.
It's called The Tube.
And you know what?! It is unbelievable versatile!
Here are just some of my favorite uses of The Tube.


 I ended up having to make Ammon's scarf on a loom due to lack of time, but I will not let this fail get the best of me.
I WILL attempt to make a knitted scarf again.
But seriously...look at that thing....
 Bahahaha.

So I wrapped up the scarf in some paper packaging along with some other wonderful things...
a.gryffindor scarf  b.letters from friends    c."magical" candy
d.gryffindor tie    e.a letter from me        f. HP wand pen
g.HP bookmark       h.'staches-in honor of Hagrid i.a tape
j.HP quotes         k.a Unicorn-long story        l.the TUBE story
m.a little something from the Weasley twins

...and sent it off by owl to my missionary in Alabama:) 

6 comments:

Cody McWilliams said...

When I become one of "those girls", can you please teach me how to send freaking amazing packages like you do? Seriously.

Kate said...

That is the most AMAZING mish package I have EVER seen. Can you please teach me your ways? I feel like a total EPIC FAILURE... my own packages are super lame in comparison and involve zero creativity!
Haha now about "the tube"... I don't know how that happened, but it made me laugh real hard! But hey, at least you found some awesome uses for it. I still say we have a knitting party when you go for the second attempt! You're my hero. I am obsessed with all of that HP stuff you sent to Ammon... seriously!

Amy said...

This is the coolest! You're seriously the best girlfriend ever!
Where'd you get the gryffindor tie? I need one. :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH. you seriously crack me up girl!! and i love your HP package to your man. lovelovelove this!!!

Anonymous said...

It would have only been an "EPIC" fail if you would not have found so many creative uses. Baby Griffindor may catch on! You are an inspiration to me and you make the world a better place just by being you.

Katy said...

Yesssssss. I bow to The Tube. Brilliant.