I remember finding it on my mom's nightstand, the book.
She was suppose to be reading it for book club but hadn't really gotten into it, so I decided to give it a whirl.
I'd never really been too into reading, but for some reason i decided to try.
Harry Potter Party for Mutual-2008
Harry Potter Party for Mutual-2008
Little did I know this book would change my life forever.
And so began my Harry Potter love.
Over the course of 10 years, I became a reading fanatic.
Harry Potter was the first series I actually READ. As in liked it so much I couldn't put it down, as in I could imagine every little detail. I learned to use my imagination. I learned lessons about hope, bravery, love, friendship, and redemption.
Choir trip-2010
Nick and I gave each other wands for Christmas a while back and have put them to good use over the years.
Choir trip-2010
Nick and I gave each other wands for Christmas a while back and have put them to good use over the years.
I remember the countless night I stayed up till all hours because I could not stop reading. I remember having entire days dedicated to reading the newly released book. I remember going to the dollar theater to see The Sorcerer's Stone for the first time, just me and my dad. I remember going to the Walmart in Payson coming back from girl's camp to buy the 7th book and reading it all the way to our family reunion, which I don't remember much of because I was reading the book the entire time. I read and will continue to read the books over and over.
I know everyone has been saying this, but these books TRULY were a huge part of my childhood. On days that seemed dark or unpromising, I would imagine myself hopping aboard the Hogwarts Express and lose myself in that magical world for awhile. "Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."
Yes, Ammon can fly. Just one of his many talents.
Yes, Ammon can fly. Just one of his many talents.
So I think what I really am trying to say is, Thanks Harry. Thanks for bringing magic into my childhood. Thank you for allowing me to discover the magic of reading. And thank you for your story and for the legacy that it has had and will continue to have. I know what my kids first book will be that's for sure;)
Waiting in line. Playing HP clue with some random Dobby and Bellatrix.
Mallory.Shelby.Becca.Me.
Ethan erasing Mallory's memory! And making good use of the Hogwarts snuggie.
Yeah. That's a snuggie. Be jealous.
Devyn could hardly contain her excitement!!
Me and Lydia, my Harry Potter partner in crime.
All through elementary school we were in the same class and would always be reading the books at the same time! HPBFF's:)
Waiting in line. Playing HP clue with some random Dobby and Bellatrix.
Mallory.Shelby.Becca.Me.
Ethan erasing Mallory's memory! And making good use of the Hogwarts snuggie.
Yeah. That's a snuggie. Be jealous.
Devyn could hardly contain her excitement!!
Me and Lydia, my Harry Potter partner in crime.
All through elementary school we were in the same class and would always be reading the books at the same time! HPBFF's:)
Go Gryffindor!
As far as the movie, I thought it was brilliant. I NEED to go see it again, like right now! Neville is a beast! Snape was absolutely perfect! Ron and Hermione's kiss trumped all of Harry and Ginny's! And the battle was just as I had imagined!When the movie was over I was practically crying knowing that it was really over. But what an adventure it has been! And when it is all said and done, the magical wizarding world is just a book away.
Mischief Managed.
As far as the movie, I thought it was brilliant. I NEED to go see it again, like right now! Neville is a beast! Snape was absolutely perfect! Ron and Hermione's kiss trumped all of Harry and Ginny's! And the battle was just as I had imagined!When the movie was over I was practically crying knowing that it was really over. But what an adventure it has been! And when it is all said and done, the magical wizarding world is just a book away.
Mischief Managed.








3 comments:
Reading that just made me cry! I am going to see that the moment get home!
MISCHIEF MANAGED! <3
This gave me chills and made me tear up... love it! You are awesome and I agree completely with it all. Greatest series of all time. I will never stop reading it. That snuggie is amazing! Oh and Ron and Hermione's kiss was DEFINITELY the best.
Post a Comment