Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Slacking.

Hey Guys....
I know, I know. Its been forever.
And my only excuse is that I've been lazy and uncreative.
Neverfear, I have this really awesome friend.
Her name is Alyssa Dale.
Alyssa seeing me as someone in need, and be the incredible friend she is, decided to write a post for me.
( I really do have some top notch friends)
So i hope you enjoy it :)
Thanks lys, love you!
Hi! My name is Alyssa and I am Haley’s most devoted blog stalker. As such, I don’t really know if anyone else will read this. But if you do I hope you enjoy it.

Recently, I have started a new tradition of sorts. Each night, as I lay in my bed (or not, depending on the night) I begin to think. Deeply. And I share these thoughts with Haley. It gives us something to talk about. Sometimes we have amazing discussions about my thoughts. Sometimes our discussions are even serious, which is an incredible feat for the two of us. Trust me.

I would now like to share some of these thoughts with you along with my own insights to my own thoughts. (Kind of redundant, I know.)

Disclaimer: You may have heard some of these thoughts before. I will admit, I did not come up with all of them entirely on my own. Don’t judge me.

1. Why did Yankee Doodle name the feather in his hat Macaroni?

Ok. Really?! Macaroni is not even a name! And who names feathers anyway?!

2. Never play leap frog with unicorns.

I think this one is kind of self explanatory. Just don’t do it. It is not a pleasant experience.

3. I dream of a better tomorrow… where chickens can cross roads and not have their motive questioned.

Why have we always asked ourselves the question: Why did the chicken cross the road? Why does it matter?! If the chicken wants to cross the road, by all means let him cross it.

4. Don’t think less of yourself. Think of yourself less.

Keep your self-esteem high but don’t get full of yourself. Selflessness is the key to happiness. (Maybe I’ll try it out sometime.)

5. Teachers are those who help us solve problems which, without them, we wouldn’t have.

Let’s be honest, we go to our teachers all the time for help when we don’t understand something. The thing is, we wouldn’t be confused in the first place if it weren’t for some of the stuff they were trying to teach us!

And finally…

6. What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it’s all about?

What if? What if? I’m actually writing a cause and effect essay on this for my English class. Maybe I will share it with you someday…

That is a glimpse into the mind of Alyssa. It’s a crazy place in there!

1 comment:

{this is us} said...

FINALLY....a post. Geesh. :)