Now the point of this post isn't to brag
( ok maybe just a little) But i just must share mine and my family's wee little adventure. You see my aunt came down from Cabo Sunday night, and we were all sitting around talking. We'd heard it through the grapevine that David Archuleta would be at some fireside in the area, but we didn't think we could get in becuse twas not our stake. But close to eight we all decided to jump in the car and go get em! We drove around for like an hour, trying to find a church building with lots of cars. We're obsessed, i already know. We finally found one that looked promising and asked the kids walking out if he was still in there. He was, so we of course hopped out...well everyone but me, i ran home to put church clothes on, i wasn't prepared dang it. But i got back right in time to get a picture with him, shyes. The rest of my family was ahead of me and got to do the same. He is so dang adorable and suprisingly tiny haha. SO that was our Sunday night fun. Then what did we do for FHE?? Go to his concert of course!! Phenomenal. Smelly, hot, gross, and sweaty, but phenomenal. He sounds just as good live as he does on his CD, alomst better i think. But I sure had a blast, it was so awesome to be able to spend time with my family and to hang out with my aunt and cousin who came all the way from Mexico.
Yes thats
really him, even though he does look like a cardboard cutout, its him for sure.

On the way to the concert I took a picture of everyone's "excited to see David" face. My mom clearly won this one, no need to see any others, she puts them to shame.

Just waitin' in line, sitting on the ground, eating some carrots. Mmmm hmmm.

We also passed time by playing "Carrots", we didn't have any spoons, which was kinda yucky, they got all muddy and dirty and would slip outta your hands.

Some crazy David fanatics....oh wait thats my family.

Aw, Sisters. So sweet, except Nat looks a little tired....or drunk or something.

This was during the opening act. it was horrible. She sounds better in the bathroom. Nuff said.

There he is, Mr. David Archuleta in the flesh, sorry its so blurry.

The sweet thing about the concert was that we were so close, anywhere you were was a good view. So next time you hear of a concert by his truly, i highy recommend buying tickets haha :) so much fun.
2 comments:
I was there too! except guess what! I waited and waited and waited...I was there for the whole fireside. So then I was just outside the relief society room where he was and all these people were out there too. So I was waiting for them cuz I thought they were in line and all of a sudden all the guys in suits come out to clear the building. Ahhh! So I ran inside just to see him leaving out the other door. So I ran after him and was standing right next to him when his posse stopped. I asked him just for a quick picture but some lady who thought she was important stepped between us and said "i'm sorry. He has to leave." So I explained that I'd been waiting in line and knew people who'd been cutting and already seen him 4 times. So she says, "ok, stand next to him." So I'm standing there and she takes the picture. But right then, his posse tries to get him going. So it's a picture of me smiling like an idiot and the back of his head!!! Urgh! That's my version of that night. :) The end.
Love~
Karli
Lucky Haley, I wanted to go! haha Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment