Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dear Stephanie.

Today you turned 19.
Wow. You're getting so old. 
Today I wanted to wish you the happiest birthday ever.
Afterall, we have been best friends for 10 Years.
It's about time a dedicate a post to you.


Stephanie Ann Hunt. I remember the Sunday you and your family came to our ward for the first time. It was just around Christmastime. I was so excited to have a girl my age move in just around the corner!! Who knew what adventures would come of it. So began the endless summers and weekends of playing Barbies, planning our future families(in which each of us had 13 kids, with 3 sets of twins), making water aerobics videos, weekend "late nights", building leaf forts and having pecan wars, finding baby kittens and naming them all after characters from Lord of the Rings, turning the Porter's old speed boat into the Black Pearl and having pirate meetings, Christmas mornings, "meeting halfway" to trade clothes and tell stories about boys, your fake boyfriend Matt, back to school fashion shows...I really could do this all night.


THIS moment in particular comes to mind.
I called you to exercise with me. You agreed. Said you'd be over in a second. Five minutes later you show up dressed like this:
So instead we rode around the neighborhood on our bikes dressed like wackos and then jumped in the pool in our clothes.
I knew we were best friends for a reason.


 So, what I'm trying to say is you're the greatest. After knowing each other more than half our lives, we've built up quite the memories. On your birthday I just want you to know how grateful I am for you and how you really are the best friend anyone could ask for. With our imaginations we could change the world, that I know. 
I love you! Thanks for being there for everything. For laughing and crying with me. For being an absolute fool with me. For wishing and dreaming with me. 


 happy birthday best friend.

No comments: